Schwartz Sladkus Reich Greenberg Atlas LLP maintains a comprehensive labor and employment law practice, providing employers of all sizes, including local manufacturers, landlords, private equity investors, residential and commercial developers, cooperative and condominium boards, international corporations, not-for-profits and religious and charitable institutions, with representation in courts and before federal, state, and New York City administrative agencies. Thus, we typically:
● Advise cooperative and condominium boards (and their managing agents) on union matters, employee discipline, unfair labor practices, sexual and other forms of harassment and the negotiation of employment agreements with superintendents and resident managers;
● Draft and revise employee handbooks to ensure their compliance with ever-evolving regulation and legislation;
● Counsel employers on federal and state wage and hour issues, and, where required, litigate cases in various courts;
● Working collaboratively with transactional counsel, advise private equity investors and developers on the labor and employment issues attendant to the purchase or sale of residential and commercial properties;
● Advise employers with respect to, and draft both employment and severance agreements;
● Create and deliver training presentations for supervisors to ensure compliance with a myriad of employment issues, including New York-mandated sexual harassment training; and
● On a regular basis update employers on new legislation potentially affecting their operations.